Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in Rocket Lab’s evolution into an end-to-end space company that delivers launch, spacecraft, and on-orbit operations. The Space Systems Division is shaping Rocket Lab’s future with Photon, our brand of high-performance satellites, enabling innovative missions in low Earth orbit and beyond including missions for NASA to LEO, the Moon, and Mars and commercial customers, including leading the design and manufacture of 17 high-power telecommunication spacecraft buses for Globalstar.
Rocket Lab is also growing our spacecraft components business, anchored on the acquisition of Sinclair Interplanetary manufacturing reaction wheels and star trackers in Toronto, SolAero Technologies manufacturing solar power and primary structure solutions in Albuquerque, Planetary Systems Corporation manufacturing launch separation systems in Silver Spring, and Advanced Solutions, Inc., provider of flight and ground software as a service in Denver. Our components business is key to vertically integrating our spacecraft solutions and enabling constellations for customers.
INTEGRATION & TEST ENGINEER
Based out of Rocket Lab's global headquarters in Long Beach, CA, the Integration & Test Engineer is responsible for the development, test, and deployment of spacecraft avionics that go into space, as well as the development, maintenance, and upgrading of the test systems for that hardware. You will support the AIT organization, with deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Lead and own integration and test campaigns at various levels of spacecraft development
- Work collaboratively with team members to define system requirements, as well as verification and validation plans
- Develop and maintain functional and environmental test systems
- Develop and maintain hardware-in-the-loop test systems
- Develop and maintain test fixtures
- Develop and maintain test and integration facilities
- Implement software configuration changes
- Lead investigations into anomalous vehicle behavior
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS (Note: you must meet every qualification in order to be considered):
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical, electronics, mechatronics, aerospace, mechanical, or equivalent engineering degree
- Experience with environmental testing, such as thermal vacuum or random vibration testing
- Exposure to designing and implementing test systems for electronics
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- A good theoretical and/or practical understanding of electronic systems
- Expertise with C, C++, Python, or Matlab
- An understanding of sensors, signal conditioning, and data acquisition electronics
- Familiar with spacecraft harness design and best practices
- Hands-on experience using electrical test equipment
- Experience working in a clean room
- Experience working with ESD-sensitive equipment
- Experience with hardware-in-the-loop testing
- Experience with RF testing
- Basic level of knowledge of networking
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.