Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Neutron is a medium lift launch vehicle capable of delivering the mega constellations of tomorrow, high assurance payloads, and human spaceflight. As a highly reusable launch platform, Neutron will deliver a highly cost-effective and reliable launch solution leveraging Rocket Lab’s proven execution history with the Electron program. If you’re interested in joining a high performing team, pushing the boundaries with a clean sheet development of re-usable liquid launch vehicle, this is your opportunity!
Senior Propulsion ThermoFluid's Analyst, Neutron
Based out of Rocket Lab's our headquarters in Long Beach, CA the Senior Propulsion ThermoFluid's Analyst, Neutron will be directly contributing to the design and qualification of the Archimedes engine. The analyst will be responsible for the thermal/fluids modeling and analysis of components of the engine. In this role, you will utilize your understanding of thermodynamics and fluid flow and partner with designers to ensure designs meet all engine requirements and performance. You will support the Neutron and Archimedes teams, with deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Use commercial tools and develop specialized tools to solve difficult ThermoFluid analysis problems in Propulsion hardware
- Work with designers, development engineers, and the manufacturing group to define and analyze hardware designs that meet heat transfer and fluid dynamics requirements while being manufacturable and reliable.
- Work with test teams to acquire test data on component designs to refine analysis and designs.
- Evaluate flight data to support reflight and reuse as well as certification
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent
- 5+ years of ThermoFluid's analysis experience
- Knowledge of heat transfer, fluids and structural mechanics
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical and fluids design principals
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Master’s degree
- Proficiency in GD&T
- Professional experience with NX, Ansys, and commercial ThermoFluid analysis software.
- Experience with best practices for design, qualification and production
- Experience with a scrappy development environment
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.