Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Neutron is a medium lift launch vehicle capable of delivering the mega constellations of tomorrow, high assurance payloads, and human spaceflight. As a highly reusable launch platform, Neutron will deliver a highly cost-effective and reliable launch solution leveraging Rocket Lab’s proven execution history with the Electron program. If you’re interested in joining a high performing team, pushing the boundaries with a clean sheet development of re-usable liquid launch vehicle, this is your opportunity!
Senior Propulsion Combustion Devices Engineer, Neutron
Based out of Rocket Lab's our headquarters in Long Beach, CA the Senior Propulsion Combustion Devices Engineer, Neutron is responsible for the design, development, manufacturing support for one or more of a variety of combustion devices (injectors, thrust chamber, preburners, etc. for the Archimedes Engine. In this role you’ll have opportunities to take ownership of a component from design through to implementation. You will support the Neutron and Archimedes teams, with deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Define requirements, test plan, flight qualification plans for combustion devices.
- Work with turbomachinery, engine systems, manufacturing and testing groups to design and manufacture hardware.
- Design, analyze, and perform trades studies to achieve design goals
- Work with manufacturing teams to support fabrication, design for manufacturability and resolve issues that may arise during prototype builds.
- Work with the test and launch teams to develop, qualify, fly, and re-fly your hardware.
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent
- 5+ years of combustion device design experience or similar role
- Knowledge of heat transfer, fluids and structural mechanics
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical design principals
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Master’s degree
- Proficiency in GD&T
- Professional experience with NX, Ansys, or similar tools.
- Rocket combustion devices
- Experience with best practices for design, qualification and production
- Experience with a scrappy development environment
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.