Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Planetary Systems Corporation (PSC) by Rocket Lab, a manufacturer of satellite mechanisms, is seeking a proactive aerospace production technician II to assemble space flight mechanisms.
PSC’s products include separation systems, on-orbit devices, and other electro-mechanical deployables.
Title: Aerospace Production Technician II Technician
Position Type: Hourly, full-time 40 hours/week with potential overtime
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland -- This position is not remote.
Compensation: Competitive with regional and industry standards
Benefits: Paid vacation and holidays, medical, life, and disability insurance, 401k plan with company match, flex-time work schedule, new parent leave, free coffee and snacks, and more
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Precisely assemble mechanical and electrical space flight mechanisms following written production drawings and procedures.
- Operate mechanical, electrical, and automated test equipment.
- Complete assembly procedures and documentation aligning with PSC by Rocket Lab standards.
- Solder space flight harnesses per the J-STD.
- Generate innovative ideas for process improvements.
YOU’LL BRING THESE SKILLS:
- Strong technical capability and mechanical inclination.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as autonomously.
- Experience with common aerospace assembly tools, e.g. torque wrenches, force gages, load cells, scales, etc.
- Experience with common aerospace inspection tools, e.g. calipers, multimeters, micrometers, gages, comparators, etc.
- Integrity and focus to follow and execute manufacturing instructions and drawings.
- Attention to detail necessary to verify components and assemblies meet required specifications.
- Effective verbal and written communication abilities.
- Attention to detail.
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Technical degree with 2+ years’ experience or 4+ years’ experience in a relevant position.
- Understanding of basic electronic circuitry
- Ability to lift 50 lb (23 kg) from floor to tabletop
- Ability to install and torque fasteners up to 200 in lb.
- Standing up to 8hr/day
- Capacity to comply with the federally mandated requirements of U.S. export control laws.
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- J-STD001-FS certification.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.