Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Production Automation – Software Engineer II
Based on-site at Rocket Lab's headquarters in Long Beach, CA, the Production Automation Software Engineer II is responsible for working with peers and stakeholders to deliver bespoke automation products in support of engineering test, component production and vehicle integration. You will support the Production Automation Team that’s part of the Terrestrial Software organization.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Work with peers and stakeholders to support bespoke automation products in relation of engineering test, component production and vehicle integration
- Conduct Software Development activities to support avionics production, vehicle component and vehicle acceptance and systems testing
- Develop software and unit tests according to bug-fix and feature requests with the appropriate documentation for operation of software products and management of code commits using source code control tools.
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a software engineering or related discipline.
- Certificate or degree in software engineering, computer science, electrical engineering or demonstrated equivalent level of knowledge.
- Python, C/C++ and embedded systems programming experience and software development on a Linux platform.
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Networked application development experience.
- Database application development experience.
- Experience with user interface design and development.
- Experience with communication protocols like TCP/ UDP, serial communication or similar.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.