Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in Rocket Lab’s evolution into an end-to-end space company that delivers launch, spacecraft, and on-orbit operations. The Space Systems Division is shaping Rocket Lab’s future with Photon, our brand of high-performance satellites, enabling innovative missions in low Earth orbit and beyond including missions for NASA to LEO, the Moon, and Mars and commercial customers, including leading the design and manufacture of 17 high-power telecommunication spacecraft buses for Globalstar.
Rocket Lab is also growing our spacecraft components business, anchored on the acquisition of Sinclair Interplanetary manufacturing reaction wheels and star trackers in Toronto, SolAero Technologies manufacturing solar power and primary structure solutions in Albuquerque, Planetary Systems Corporation manufacturing launch separation systems in Silver Spring, and Advanced Solutions, Inc., provider of flight and ground software as a service in Denver. Our components business is key to vertically integrating our spacecraft solutions and enabling constellations for customers.
SENIOR CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR
Based out of Rocket Lab's new site in Albuquerque, NM as part of the SolAero Technologies acquisition, the Senior Contract Administrator serves as the primary interface with the commercial procurement personnel, Government Procuring Contracting Officers, and Administrative Contracting Officers. You will support the Director of Contracts and the Legal organization, with deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Administer contracts and support negotiation in all aspects of the contract lifecycle including proposal, administration, and contract closeout
- Review and recommend changes, and negotiate terms and conditions of contracts and subcontracts
- Review and evaluate customer requests for proposal or revisions to contracts
- Author business correspondence to result in, or influence, desired business outcomes and author internal directives
- Assist with preparation of proposals, proposal review briefing packages, fact-finding, and negotiation
- Provide risk assessments and offer creative contracting approaches to mitigate risk, including alternative contractual language/clauses
- Investigate and reconcile significant contract changes involving cost, statements of work, specifications, and schedules and advises management of contractual rights and responsibilities
- Review, negotiate, and manage nondisclosure agreements (NDAs)
- Coordinate the processing of sales orders
- Monitor sales order system to ensure accurate receipt and booking of sales orders
- Track sales shipment, delivery, and billing and backlog activities, providing internal sales reports as needed
- Respond to inquiries regarding status of orders and resolve customer order difficulties
- Support customer and property accounting
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS – (Note: you must meet every qualification in order to be considered):
- Bachelor’s degree
- 9+ years of contracts experience
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Prior experience with both federal and commercial contracting and subcontracting (Cost Plus, Fixed Price, and T&M)
- Prior experience interfacing with the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) and Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA)
- Experience with international contracting and export compliance
- Demonstrated understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulation
- National Contract Management Association (NCMA) certification a plus
- Experience with Exostar Platform and Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS) a plus
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.