Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
We are currently seeking several Composite Technicians to join our highly dynamic team based at our new Launch Complex 2 in Wallops Island, VA.
As a Composite Technician manufacturing the new Neutron rocket, your role will primarily focus on working on pressurized tanks, fairings, cored and monolithic structures of both stage 2 and stage 1 components of the launch vehicle.
This role requires a wide knowledge of composite manufacturing techniques, product knowledge, and openness to trialing new/exploratory build methods during the initial phase of Neutron fabrication and assembly.
What you'll get to do:
- Pressurized tanks, fairings and structures
- Trimming fitting and bonding of composite components.
- Assembly of metallic components into Carbon composite structures
- Fitting of Honeycomb, foam and syntactic core
- Fitting and refurbishment of thermal protection systems.
- Vacuum bagging, curing and processing in out of autoclave and Autoclave application
- Working at heights (appropriate training and a safe environment will be provided)
- Integration of mechanical hardware
- Perform other standard composite and integration building techniques and practices as industries such as aerospace, space and other composite workplaces demand.
- You may be requested to work on other products for Rocket lab in the Local area or travel as required
- Support Testing campaigns by the means of manufacture, supply and conducting tests
- Support test teams as required in Qual unit testing and Acceptance testing of components of the launch vehicle and structures
- Use SOPs, work instructions, and work autonomously relying on knowledge of best practices during the development phase
- Accurately capture fit out procedures and documentation aligning with Rocket Lab standards
- Ensure all modifications, deviations and updates are accurately tracked during initial phases of product development
- Follow work instructions accurately during the production phase of manufacturing
You’ll bring these qualifications:
- 5+ years composite experience (aerospace industry experience preferred)
- Advanced Prepreg manufacturing knowledge
- Experienced in Core bond and Splicing
- Resin infusion knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Computer proficiency
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.