Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
From missions to the Moon & Mars, to looking for life on Venus, Rocket Lab has opened up a solar system of possibilities for innovation, exploration and infrastructure in space to make for a better world down here on Earth. At Rocket Lab, our employees have a once in a lifetime opportunity to work on cutting edge projects and leave their footprint in history.
Rocket Lab has vertically integrated to become the world's leading end-to-end space company. From space software, separation systems, solar panels, reaction wheels, and in-house 3D engine builds, anything that goes to space will have a Rocket Lab logo on it.
With our Electron rocket and Photon spacecraft, we’ve simplified space, making it easy and affordable to get your ideas to orbit. And with the development of our re-usable rocket, Neutron, we will have the capabilities for mega constellation deployment, high value payloads, deep-space missions and human spaceflight come 2024.
Rocket Lab has the only private orbital launch site in the world and has become the leader in reliable small satellite launch. The satellites we build and launch are enabling innovation and exploration, they’re keeping countries connected and borders protected, they're monitoring weather and managing waste, they're providing insights on climate change, and helping us manage resources for future generations. While other companies talk about it, we do it!
We are currently seeking a Master Scheduler to join our highly dynamic team based out of Long Beach, CA.
What you’ll get to do:
- Responsible for the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) Process
- Manage the Master Schedule, including build sequence and production targets
- Accountable for building top-line master scheduled demand in our MRP system
- Planning, prioritizing and coordinating operations to ensure maximum production performance and minimum delay
- Communicate the schedule to entire organization, and alert relevant groups of risks to schedule slips
- Develop and maintain a reliable forecast
- Provide Mission Management with milestone dates for all vehicles and notify any changes to the build schedule
You’ll bring these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or other relevant fields
- 4+ years of related experience as Master Scheduler, Material Planner, or equivalent (low volume, long lead time manufacturing experience strongly preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of production planning principles
- Proficient in MS Office, ERP systems, math and statistics
- Demonstrated ability to interface with high level individuals, executives, and company associates
- Team oriented, strong demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and to multiple deadlines
These qualifications would be nice to have:
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently
- "Proficient in SQL, Excel, and Python
- Experience in aerospace or automotive manufacturing
- Experience managing remote teams
- Prior experience in rapid growth environment"
Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. We do what we say we’re going to do, we are fiercely efficient and best of all, we build beautiful things.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.