Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
The CAD administrator is part of the team responsible on a day-to-day basis for the smooth
running of CAD systems at Rocket Lab including: NX CAD, and Solid Edge, through ensuring
designs, drawings and parts are maintained in a standardised way. Through providing prompt
user support and monitoring user activities, the CAD administrator will enable CAD to integrate
fully with our robust product lifecycle management processes. Working closely with the PLM
team including the Teamcenter Architect, Administrator and NZ CAD Administrator, and the
wider business including: Engineering Change Control, Space Systems, Vehicle Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering, and EIS, the CAD Administrator uses their CAD knowledge and
experience to enable a high level of user support and an optimised product development
CAD User Support
- Provide a robust CAD operating environment through promptly responding to Level 1 support calls.
- Triage and escalate complex or new issues promptly.
- Support and troubleshoot in NX and supported CAD systems.
- Administer and support user access, permissions, and licensing to provide secure access to NX and supported CAD systems.
- Provide operational support to Teamcenter and CAD users through timely resolution of Jira tickets.
- Provide support and input into the development and maintenance of drawing standards and parts libraries.
- Support/Deliver training to new and existing staff.
- Create and maintain documentation for user support processes.
- Perform routine and scheduled CAD maintenance tasks.
- Assist with testing new patches and releases for Teamcenter, NX CAD and Solid Edge.
- Assist with the development of CAD, CAE and CAM processes and workflows.
- Interact with the vendor for troubleshoot and improvements through coordination with the Teamcenter team and Siemens GTAC system.
- Contribute to improvements in PLM processes and the resultant changes in NX and supported CAD systems.
- Work with the Teamcenter Architect to review and evaluate Teamcenter, NX and Solid Edge releases.
- Work with the wider EIS team to maintain and improve systems support processes.
- Assist and coordinate with IT, ticket resolution and systems testing
Health and safety
- Ensure health and safety policies and standard operating procedures are followed.
- Correct PPE is worn in designated areas
- Near misses and incidents are reported promptly
Skills / Experience
- In-depth knowledge of CAD including NX and Solid Edge CAD.
- Strong problem-solving capability.
- Excellent time management to provide operational support to USA and NZ users.
- The ability to work unsupervised.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of PLM strategies
- Engineering qualifications
- 10+ years’ experience in Teamcenter and CAD administration, and support.
- NX-CAM experience
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.