Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,300 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Neutron is a medium lift launch vehicle capable of delivering mega constellations, high value payloads and human spaceflight. As a highly reusable launch platform, Neutron will deliver a cost-effective and reliable launch solution leveraging Rocket Lab’s proven execution history with the Electron program.
We are rapidly growing our team at all sites globally to develop and get a vehicle to the pad in 2024. If you want to join a high performing team, pushing the boundaries with a clean sheet development of re-usable liquid launch vehicle, this is your opportunity.
A unique opportunity to start at the ground floor where you are responsible for the team developing structures and mechanisms for Neutron from a clean sheet whilst leveraging Rocket Lab’s extensive experience in developing and operating the all carbon composite Electron liquid launch vehicle.
Engineering Leadership Opportunity - Neutron Structures & Mechanisms
Based in Long Beach, USA, this is a key role in supporting the development of the Neutron launch vehicle where you will build a high performing team and complement Rocket Lab’s global engineering organization.
In addition to you building a team in-house you will be required to manage external resources, suppliers, equipment and infrastructure teams that need to be established and maintained to successfully accomplish program objectives. Every day will be different, and you need to be capable of addressing direction to the program as required across the vast challenges that arise.
Not often do we open a leadership role as exciting as this one and we’re looking for the best to join the team!
- Background in aerospace development projects (10+ years)
- Proven capability with building (from the ground up) and running high performing teams
- Demonstrated technical background in structures and mechanisms development including design, test, operation of structures (metallic & non-metallic/composite), cryogenic propellant tanks, actuators, staging and separation mechanisms, critical load bearing structures, flight control surfaces
- Demonstrated experience in developing structures and mechanisms for launch vehicles and space vehicle applications
- Clear decision making under pressure
- Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- A high work ethic working leveraging Rocket Lab’s global team and facilities
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.