Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
FINANCIAL SYSTEMS MANAGER
Based at Rocket Lab's new headquarters in Long Beach, California the Finance Systems Manager is responsible for the financial systems administration, financial data integrity, finance business process automation and configuration of Rocket Lab’s ERP system. You will support the Corporate Controller and Corporate Accounting & Finance organization, with deliverables required for internal leadership, board of directors, and investors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implementation of automated finance processes using robotic process automation within both the ERP system and the ancillary finance systems.
- Design and implementation of ancillary financial systems to ERP such as payroll, time recording and credit card/expense/mileage management.
- Being responsible for documentation and the development of user guides for financial processes and controls appropriate for Rocket Lab’s internal control, audit and tax requirements.
- Ensuring that Rocket Lab makes best use of the system capabilities to improve management decision making and process controls and efficiencies.
- Researching and evaluating appropriate reporting tools for producing financial reporting and financial analysis.
- Designs and implements financial related policies, tools and frameworks to support organizational strategy
- Ensure system compliance with appropriate international, federal, state and any other third party financial reports are prepared and filed on time within the various international jurisdictions Rocket Lab operates, ensuring that these meet all required standards e.g. GAAP, SEC, IRS, IRD, Sarbanes-Oxley and IFRS.
- Manage the SOX compliance evaluation process
- Support and carry out required documentation as required for the Rocket Lab listing process, as well as required documentation and processes once Rocket Lab is a listed company.
- Assist with compliance and best practice by reviewing and developing financial procedures to ensure compliance, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop or embed new policies or changes as required.
- Assign responsibilities to team members and provide support when required.
- Act as a ‘go to’ person for Finance systems
- Collaborate with other managers to optimize resource pool
- Administer and refine Finance policies, systems and procedures where applicable
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Accounting, Computer Science or Finance related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is required.
- 8+ years’ experience in a professional finance environment Excellent systems knowledge and ERP exposure.
- Knowledge of manufacturing or aerospace and defense accounting.
- Knowledge and experience in design and implementation of robotic process automation for finance and business processes.
- An understanding of SQL, Crystal Reports and BI tools necessary to build a reporting suite.
- An understanding of external financial reporting, including preparation of group financial statements.
- An understanding of the tax and financial reporting requirements will be a significant advantage.
- Experience in the preparation of monthly management reports, within agreed monthly timetables.
- Knowledge and experience of:
- ERP systems. Knowledge of Infor LN will be an advantage.
- US GAAP, IFRS desirable
- Microsoft Office suite (including intermediate Excel).
- General ledger – journals; trial balance; reports.
- Excellent accounting and financial literacy
- Understanding of subsidiary and consolidation ledgers, including multinational entities.
- An awareness of internal control processes and procedures.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status