Why Rocket Lab
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
Director of Global Government Launch Services
The Rocket Lab Global Launch Services team is currently seeking candidates for the Director of Global Government Launch Services position. The ideal candidate will have an engineering or technical foundation and a strong track record of performance in strategic business planning, business development and sales.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Global Launch Services, the Director of Global Government Launch Services will be responsible for the development, growth and maintenance of new and existing domestic and international government business. Domestic accounts include civil and national security space customers. International accounts include allied foreign government customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide superior customer service and a premium experience to existing government customers.
- Develop and execute winning strategies to rapidly grow new government business worldwide.
- Leverage industry-leading tools and best practices to efficiently capture new government business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in aerospace or high-tech industry with demonstrated contributions towards company success.
- Strategic business planning, business development and sales experience in aerospace or high-tech industry.
- Government proposal development experience and demonstrated business capture.
- Thorough understanding of global government space markets.
- Security clearance or willingness to obtain one.
- Master’s degree in Business, Engineering or a related field.
- Progressively higher levels of leadership/management experience.
- Prior government service, especially in the space industry.
- Preferred work location is Rocket Lab’s Long Beach Headquarters.
- Minimum 40% travel, domestic and international, in support of Rocket Lab’s business development efforts.
- Available to work nights and weekends, as needed.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.