WHY ROCKET LAB
Rocket Lab is the global leader in small satellite launch. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. There are endless possibilities for what we can achieve with better access to space, and that access is now a reality thanks to Rocket Lab. Our team is 500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core - every idea is heard and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly and we are action-oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
The Logistics Coordinator at Rocket Lab is responsible for shipping and freight forwarding across and into/out of USA.
There are hundreds of components that are used to manufacture Electron’s Rutherford Engines that come from local suppliers and all over the world and this role will actively manage the logistical movements of these items. This role is responsible for managing domestic and international logistics between Rocket Lab USA and other sites and suppliers, including the adherence to ITAR and other export regulations applicable.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Shipping / Freight Forwarding / Goods handling
- Logistics coordinator will ensure all shipments make it to their final location in a timely manner
- Manage shipping strategies to ensure the best value option is chosen
- Relationships with freight forwarders and shipping lines are established and maintained
- Identify Dangerous Goods and ship appropriately
- Manage exports in compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR) requirements.
- Coordinate with freight forwarders to complete appropriate export documents
- Document compliance and educate internal parties on requirements to mitigate risk of export violations
- Support Supply Chain in being a trusted partner to the business by maintaining appropriate channels of communication with key stakeholders
- Be a first contact point for production teams and other internal stakeholders
- Ensure information is communicated in a timely manner to relevant people
- Additional duties as reasonably required
- Ensure health and safety policies and standard operating procedures are followed
- Correct PPE is worn in designated areas
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- 2+ years’ experience in a logistics or shipping role.
- Exposure to international shipping regulations, including International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Knowledge of freight forwarding and customs regulations.
- International Air Transportation Association, (IATA) / International Maritime Dangerous Good (IMDG) knowledge.
- Strong IT knowledge, comfortable working with Windows.
- Experience working with a fully integrated Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- A can-do attitude, open to learning with good organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and able to build working relationships.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Operational knowledge of Infor LN (ERP System)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.