Why Rocket Lab?
Rocket Lab is redefining how we access space by providing frequent and reliable launch to Low Earth Orbit (LEO) - we’re opening access to space to improve life on Earth. Rocket Lab is the global market leader in dedicated small satellite launch, with a strong leadership team, solid financial backing and a full launch manifest. To meet the growing demand of dedicated small satellite launch, Rocket Lab is assembling a world-class team.
Rocket Lab is its people. We are seeking passionate individuals comfortable working in a fast growth, dynamic, and collaborative work environment where they will be given ownership of responsibilities and expected to perform at a high level.
The Senior Accountant role is responsible for monthly close and financial reporting activities to ensure Rocket Lab’s financial transactions and obligations are correctly reported. This role requires interactions with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders. The Senior Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and contribute to the success of the accounting department and to the overall organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the month and year-end accounting close, including assigned journal entries, accruals, and account reconciliations.
- Ensure financial records are properly maintained in accordance with US GAAP.
- Perform daily/weekly tasks such as postings for routine banking transactions; daily cash activity.
- Provide support to AP function to ensure proper account coding and recording of month-end accruals.
- Perform monthly balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations and prepare the appropriate journal entries.
- Ensure fixed assets and depreciation schedules are maintained and reconciled to the general ledger.
- Provide management reports and performance analysis, following up on significant variances.
- Assist in providing information requested by the external auditors.
- Key contributor to proposing and driving improvements to monthly financial close process.
- Provide efficiency recommendations in month-end and reporting processes.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual tax return and with global tax requirements.
- Additional duties as reasonably required.
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and application of accounting principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to evaluate financial results
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Required Education & Experience
- Minimum four (4) years of related work experience with a combination of public accounting and private industry experience.
- B.S. in accounting or finance
Preferred Education & Experience
- Big 4 or Public Accounting preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or demonstrated progress toward designation
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably in aerospace and defense is a plus
- Understanding of IFRS financial reporting requirements a plus
- Experience with Infor LN, Oracle, JDE, SAP or similar ERP system
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.