Rocket Insights (part of Dept) is growing fast and we're looking for a DevOps leader that wants to work with peers and clients that enjoy and build great products together. Our philosophy is to hire smart, client facing engineers that can both understand our client’s business goals and write elegant code.
Rocket Insights is a small but growing, tight-knit group of experienced engineers and designers that love building products with like-minded folks. Some of the things that we believe in:
- Great UI/UX is critical; aesthetics, animations, copy and speed are all part of this
- Code quality is a top priority; style guides, code reviews, best practices
- Collaboration; great communication is the key to any project
- Automation: Infrastructure tasks are completed via code
- Constantly curious; we're constantly learning/evolving through guild meetings, lunch & learns, conferences and practice
- A healthy work/life balance; getting home in time for dinner is important
We focus on building great products with clients that we enjoy and respect. Our work has improved people's lives, been seen by millions of users, featured in the app stores, had books written about it, featured in the press, received awards and, most importantly, brought delight to users.
We are growing fast and looking for individuals that are passionate about the development process and not timid about working directly with clients. Our philosophy is to hire smart, client-facing engineers that can both understand the client's business goals and write elegant code.
What will your day be like?
- You’ll help build complex apps that are making a material impact on the world and will be seen by millions of users
- You will help set the technical choices and direction of the Rocket DevOps practice
- You will help clients setup cloud infrastructure for complex apps. Specifically, you’ll develop Infrastructure as Code scripts to help automate infrastructure delivery for our clients. Our typical setup for clients is Docker containers running in Elastic Container Service, setup with Terraform. Our motto is “Strong opinions, loosely held” so we always go with whatever makes sense for that project and client, however.
- You’ll help other engineers at Rocket up-level their DevOps knowledge and skills
- Both learn new things from other Rocketeers as well as improve how we do things
- You have 2-5 years experience supporting infrastructure for apps with lots of users and development teams
- You have 2-5 years experience with Amazon Web Services and possibly other cloud providers
- You have 2-5 years of experience with infrastructure as code, preferably Terraform
- You have 2-5 years experience with Docker and possibly other containers
- You have 1-5 years experience with a programming language such as Java, Python, or JS
- You’ve automated and maintained databases before. Maybe you’re not a Database admin, but you can create support a production database
- You’ve worked extensively with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools and all the things they integrate with
- You’re a natural problem-solver and willing to take initiative
- You enjoy working with clients and are good at distilling technical information for a variety of roles