Rocket Insights (part of Dept) is growing fast and we're looking for folks who enjoy building great products together with peers and clients. Our philosophy is to hire smart, client facing engineers that can both understand our client’s business goals and write elegant code.
Some of the things that we believe in:
- Great UI/UX is critical: aesthetics, animations, copy, and speed are all part of this
- Code quality is a top priority: style guides, code reviews, best practices
- Collaboration: great communication is the key to any project
- Constantly curious: we're constantly learning/evolving through guild meetings, lunch & learns, conferences, and practice
- A healthy work/life balance: getting home in time for dinner is important
We focus on building great products with clients that we enjoy and respect. Our work has improved people's lives, been seen by millions of users, featured in the app stores, had books written about it, featured in the press, received awards and, most importantly, brought delight to users.
We are growing fast and looking for individuals that are passionate about the development process and not timid about working directly with clients.
What will your day be like?
- You’ll develop apps that are making a material impact on the world and will be seen by millions of users
- You’ll be a part of agile software development practices and peer/code reviews
- You’ll interface with clients. We estimate about 80% hands-on development and 20% client interaction & documentation
- You love being a developer and are passionate about the iOS ecosystem
- You will play a lead role in the iOS practice by fostering a sense of team
- You’ll help shape and develop best practices, innovation, and community involvement for the iOS team
- You will lead the sharing of learning and projects internally, to the tech community, and to prospective clients
- You will lead and collaborate with others to solve not just technical, but people, design, and product challenges.
- You are up to date on the latest trends in the ecosystem and consider yourself a thought leader.
- You are curious enough to constantly be trying out new things and experienced enough to lead clients in technology decisions
- You will bring this knowledge to the team and help support continued learning initiatives and involvement in the community acting as a subject matter expert
Most importantly you are delivery focused. You want to ship something to users, get their feedback and iterate. The drive to ship something enables you to take down obstacles and break hard problems into solvable chunks so that you can make forward progress.
- You have multiple years of experience developing apps with Swift.
- Familiarity with architectures MVP and MVVM.
We also value:
- To know something about Android Development, Flutter and React Native.
- Knowledge of Design Patterns and Clean Architecture.
- Experience working with the device Sensors, Bluetooth, AppleTV and Wearables.
- Writing Unit Tests.
- Experience with Objective-C.
- Use of any Dependency Injection library.
- Use of RxSwift and PromiseKit.