Rocket Insights (part of Dept) is growing fast and we're looking for folks that want to work with peers and clients that enjoy and build great products together. Our philosophy is to hire smart, client facing engineers that can both understand our client’s business goals and write elegant code.
Rocket Insights is a small but growing, tight-knit group of experienced engineers and designers that love building products with like-minded folks. We are all on the same team working together toward the same goals, and we all help each other along the way. Some of the things that we believe in:
- Great UI/UX is critical: aesthetics, animations, copy and speed are all part of this
- Code quality is a top priority; style guides, code reviews, best practices
- Collaboration: great communication is the key to any project
- Strong opinions, lightly held: we all have our tech favorites, but it’s important to be open-minded to new ideas
- Constantly curious: we're constantly learning/evolving through guild meetings, lunch & learns, conferences and practice
- A healthy work/life balance: getting home in time for dinner is important
We focus on building great products with clients that we enjoy and respect. Our work has improved people's lives, been seen by millions of users, featured in the app stores, had books written about it, featured in the press, received awards and, most importantly, brought delight to users.
We are growing fast and looking for individuals that are passionate about the development process and not timid about working directly with clients. Our philosophy is to hire smart, client-facing engineers that can both understand the client's business goals and write elegant code.
What will your day be like as a Lead FE Engineer?
- You’ll develop apps for companies that are making a material impact on the world and will be seen by millions of users
- You’ll develop using React or Vue.js
- You’ll lead a team of other frontend developers and help mentor up-and-comers
- You’ll help level-up the broader Rocket team through knowledge sharing, lunch and learns, blog posts, and other learning activities
- You’ll be a part of agile software development practices and peer/code reviews
- You’ll interface with clients. We estimate about 80% hands-on development and 20% client interaction & documentation
- Both learn new things from other Rocketeers as well as improve how we operate
- You have 5+ years experience writing software used by lots of people (i.e. code that was shipped)
- You have 3+ years writing React or Vue.js
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience
- You’ve worked with, and have a good understanding of version control, preferably using Git
- You’ve worked with agile software processes before
- You’ve worked with CI/CD tools, and can troubleshoot when needed
- You’ve written unit tests and understand why they’re important
- You enjoy talking to clients and are good distilling technical information for a variety of roles within a business
- You’re a natural problem-solver and willing to take initiative
- You can explain complex topics in simple way
- You have strong opinions, lightly held