Robust.AI, a fast growing early stage startup founded by an unsurpassed team of veterans in robotics, business and AI, aims to redefine the very foundation of robotics, using an innovative combination of techniques from machine learning and classical artificial intelligence. This is an exceptional opportunity for smart, driven engineers and scientists to shape the future, by helping to build robots that are smart, collaborative, robust, safe, flexible and genuinely autonomous.
We are looking for machine learning engineers to design, code, train, test, deploy and iterate on large scale machine learning systems, joining a tightly-knit collective of engineers, product designers, and research scientists, applying recent advances in the field.
Versatility and agility are essential for this role. Ideal candidates will combine familiarity with multiple techniques with a capacity to quickly pick up new techniques, such as neural networks (CNNs, RNNs, GCNs, GANs etc), active learning, Bayesian optimization, anomaly detection, image/video classification, semantic segmentation, natural language understanding, semantic language parsing, multimodal analysis, predictive and generative modeling.
In your role you will:
- Design, develop and deploy machine learning models and own production, pipelines, and runtimes
- Design and develop data collection and curation processes and pipelines for datasets including text, images and video
- Develop, refine, optimize, and scale implementations of new research
- Work closely with the research team to implement and deploy scalable solutions on edge devices or cloud of new research where appropriate.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- BS or MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field involving Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Computer Vision or equivalent technical experience
- 3+ years of experience building machine learning systems
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Software engineering skills including:
- Excellent knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Expertise in one or more object-oriented languages, including Python, Java, or C++
- Expertise in using database systems, SQL, NoSQL, or Cassandra
- Machine learning skills including:
- Understanding different model families such as, supervised, semi-supervised, self-supervised, and unsupervised models using deep learning, statistical/bayesian learning.
- Expertise in creating machine learning models using Tensorflow, Caffe, Pytorch
- Expertise in building and deploying machine learning models in scalable production services.
- Critical thinking skills including:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Debugging complex systems and machine learning models
- Optimizing various systems and models for specific use-cases
- Desired Qualification:
- Experience in cloud/HPC computing on AWS (EC2, S3, sagemaker), GCP, or Azure
- A strong publications record at Machine Learning, Computer Vision, or Natural Language top conferences such as NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, EMNLP, ACL, NAACL
- Developing new methods for fusing knowledge and neural representations
- Applied experience in one or more of the following domains: natural language processing, deep learning, bayesian reasoning, recommendation systems, learning for search, computer vision, speech processing, learning from semistructured data, reinforcement or active learning, machine learning on mobile devices
What we Offer:
- Competitive compensation, generous benefits, stock options and huge potential for growth
- Strong startup (and fun) culture currently located in Palo Alto with catered breakfast, lunch, and dinners, dog-friendly office, casual dress code, happy hours, and more.
Robust.AI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Robust.AI does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Robust.AI also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.