About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Commission and Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal to learn more.
Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC) and Robinhood Crypto, LLC.
About the Role
We are looking for Software Engineers to work within our Security Engineering team to build tools and services that secure our platform and our users. As a Software Security Engineer, you will be responsible for building services that protect our users from attacks such as account takeover, phishing, and other such common attacks. You will also work with the backend engineering team to build out microservices that our APIs can interact with for central services such as authentication, authorization, and risk monitoring. You will be critical in further developing our user trust and safety infrastructure to ensure that our users’ data and information is protected using the best mechanisms available. You will work with our data science team to understand risk and attack patterns to build threat intelligence tools to help predict potential attacks against the platform and defend against these patterns as well.
As a Software Security Engineer you will:
- Build microservices for core infrastructure such as authentication
- Work with the product and backend engineering teams to build a user trust and safety product
- Work with the security team to fix any security bugs that are identified
- Work with the data science team to use patterns of suspicious activity to proactively build tools to prevent such activity
Some things we consider critical to being a Software Security Engineer :
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud systems
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, or other container based systems.
- Proficiency in Python, or similar dynamic programming language.
- Proficiency in SQL and SQL-like databases
- Experience building standalone APIs that can be consumed by various types of clients
- Experience working with Security, DevOps, and Incident Response teams.
Nice to have:
- Experience with deployment tools such as SaltStack, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with web frameworks (EmberJS, ReactJS, etc.)
- Experience with data warehousing and data analysis
- Experience in Finance and portfolio trading.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.