Robinhood is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Since our public launch in 2015, we’ve cemented our position as the fastest-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood received recognition with the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
We’re backed by top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Ribbit Capital, a16z, and GV, as well as individuals such as Jared Leto, Ashton Kutcher, John Legend, Snoop Dogg, and Nas.
About the Role
We are looking for an IT Infrastructure Engineer to build the infrastructure and services necessary to scale our ever growing team at Robinhood. As an IT Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for managing existing corporate infrastructure within AWS as well as build and maintain any new systems necessary for scaling our processes. This will include working on a user directory (Active Directory or similar), developing tools using Python/Go, as well as working on building out a fleet management system that can rapidly scale as the team expands. You will be working with the Security team to develop policies and procedures for secure configuration of employee devices (mobile and laptops), building infrastructure for patch management, and automation around monitoring patch levels across all our corporate infrastructure.
As an IT Infrastructure Engineer, you will:
- Lead the build out of a production-like corporate IT environment within AWS
- Build out automation for patch management, device monitoring, etc.
- Build out processes for imaging Macs rapidly
- Work with the Security team to build out corporate networks and infrastructure within the offices when necessary
- Work with IT Helpdesk Technicians to serve Robinhood employees on technical issues, creating self service capabilities when available.
Some things we consider critical to being an IT Infrastructure Engineer:
- 7+ years of experience in IT Administration and IT operations.
- Extensive familiarity with administration and tuning of Linux, MacOS, and Windows devices.
- Proficiency in Python, or similar dynamic programming languages.
- Familiarity with one or more configuration management systems (SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc).
- Familiarity with Active Directory/AD-like directory infrastructure
- Excellent empathy for users, and an intuitive understanding of employee needs
Nice to haves:
- Experience with deployment tools and software deployment processes.
- Experience with web frameworks (EmberJS, ReactJS, etc.)
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Robinhood prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Robinhood is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Robinhood and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.