Robinhood is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Since our public launch in 2015, we’ve cemented our position as the fastest-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood received recognition with the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
We’re backed by top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Ribbit Capital, a16z, and GV, as well as individuals such as Jared Leto, Ashton Kutcher, John Legend, Snoop Dogg, and Nas.
About the Role
The IT Help Desk Technician will be responsible for working with new employees for IT onboarding, as well as working with the Robinhood team on troubleshooting hardware and software issues in our Mac environment. They will help to manage and troubleshoot VOIP systems, evaluate and install patches for employee workstations, and roll out new software releases and system upgrades. They will also be responsible for managing peripherals for employees, troubleshooting various network and connectivity issues, and working with the IT and Security teams to enforce security policies.
As an IT Help Desk Specialist you will:
- Setup machines for new employees and troubleshoot software and hardware issues on Macs (imaging, time machine, remote management, etc)
- Manage and troubleshoot VoIP systems
- Help roll out new software releases and system upgrades, evaluate and install patches, and resolve software and hardware related problems
- Assisting with new orientation and hire set up and manage any IT related questions they may have
- Be a point of contact for employee questions including troubleshooting various connectivity issues, enforcing security settings and changes to permissions
- Manage various peripherals for employees (printers, scanners, external hard drives, cables)
Some things we consider critical to being a IT Help Desk Specialist:
- 2+ years previous support experience (eg Apple Genius bar + other experienced IT support, etc)
- Must have strong enterprise support experience supporting an all Mac environment
- Previous experience working with VPN, password vaults, Two-factor authorization, single sign-on and security protocols, and an MDM solution like JAMF Pro (Casper Suite), AirWatch, Filewave or similar
- Excellent customer service and troubleshooting abilities
Nice to haves:
- Scripting and debugging abilities is a big plus (bash, Python, Ruby)
- Apple Certification nice to have
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Robinhood prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Robinhood is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Robinhood and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.