Robinhood is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Since our public launch in 2015, we’ve cemented our position as the fastest-growing brokerage with over two million users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood received recognition with the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
We’re backed by top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Ribbit Capital, a16z, and GV, as well as individuals such as Jared Leto, Ashton Kutcher, John Legend, Snoop Dogg, and Nas.
About the Role:
You will be working to support Robinhood’s legal department of two attorneys, performing paralegal and administrative duties. You will have the opportunity to pitch in on projects from a variety of legal disciplines: corporate, contracting, immigration, patents, trademarks.
As a Paralegal you will:
- Manage contract life cycles and maintain database containing contractual agreements
- Prepare standard contracts, including confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements, etc.
- Administer employment forms and agreements, including forms related to the stock option plan
- Review and process invoices from outside counsel and legal vendors
- Maintain department calendar with deadlines drawn from general litigation, immigration, IP, corporate, tax, etc.
- Assist with basic eDiscovery, including reviewing court rules and procedures, document collection, and document production/Bates numbering
- Work with technical personnel to automate processes and improve organizational efficiency
Some things we consider critical to being Robinhood's first Paralegal:
- Paralegal certificate and/or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong interest and/or experience working in the financial services industry
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Ability to learn new programs and software as needed
- Keen attention to detail and organization
- Unquestioned discretion handling confidential information
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills
Nice to haves:
The ideal candidate will have several years of relevant experience and meet several of the preferred qualifications:
- Work experience in a law firm, legal department, and/or compliance department
- Experience with contracting and contract life cycle
- Experience with e-Discovery processes and tools (e.g., Concordance, Catalyst, Relativity)
- Experience with eShares, Docusign
- Experience administering an employee stock option program or plan
- Knowledgeable about immigration, patent, and/or trademark law
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Robinhood prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Robinhood is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Robinhood and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.