Robinhood is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Our platform offers commission-free investing in U.S. stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is the fastest-growing brokerage ever, with over four million users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California with a regional office in Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
The Senior Manager will be responsible for daily Compliance work associated with department including compliance oversight in the following brokerage back office areas; cashiering, securities processing, settlements, and reporting functional areas. Additional oversight will include; customer complaints, internal communications and communications with the public, sales and marketing. This includes managing all staff directly and indirectly through managers and team leaders. They will be responsible for managing regulatory risk, ensuring deadlines and service levels are met, and for compliance with Firm policy, SEC rules, and FINRA regulations. Candidate will be responsible for helping to develop and design departmental processes and guidelines.
As a Compliance Manager you'll:
- Implementation and Execution of back office related Written Supervisory Procedures to comply with all SEC and FINRA rules
- Internal testing of compliance in back office functional areas such as new accounts, acats, cashiering, securities processing, settlements and communicating findings to Firms Chief Compliance Officer.
- Review and process regulator customer complaint inquiries
- Review Internal Communications and Communications w the Public
- Review and compliance approve Sales and Marketing material.
- Manage and resolve escalated issues
Some things we consider critical to being a Compliance Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years working in back office broker-dealer compliance and controls
- FINRA Series 7, 24 and 4 (or ability to obtain Series 4 within 90 days) licenses
- Strong understanding of brokerage back office operation and compliance functions
- Management experience over compliance back office brokerage operations, and controls
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Good communication and analytical skills
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Robinhood prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Robinhood is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Robinhood and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.