Robinhood is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Since our public launch in 2015, we’ve cemented our position as the fastest-growing brokerage with over two million users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood received recognition with the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
We’re backed by top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Ribbit Capital, a16z, and GV, as well as individuals such as Jared Leto, Ashton Kutcher, John Legend, Snoop Dogg, and Nas.
About the Role
The Business Systems Manager will be responsible for supporting securities processing activities for a back-office broker/dealer. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with both business and technology teams as well as with external systems vendors. They can extract and manipulate data to produce reports or other output that supports brokerage activities. They are fully proficient with MS Office products such as Access, Excel, Visio, Word, and PowerPoint, but they can also understand file formats from mainframe systems. This is a unique opportunity in a newly developed area. Candidate will be responsible for helping to develop and design departmental processes and guidelines.
As a Business Systems Manager you will:
- Manage day-to-day relationship with primary systems vendors
- Manage data warehouse
- Develop ad-hoc reports or data extracts to support business operations
- Manage business continuation plans
- Create macro capability to support high-volume data entry needs of the operations team
- Manage access control and credentials process
- Support implementation and testing efforts associated with strategic initiatives impacting unit
- Manage staff as department needs grow
Some things we consider critical to being a Business Systems Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience
- 3+ years in a financial services operations environment
- Familiarity brokerage operations
- Willingness to acquire Series 99 license
- Some understanding of brokerage operation functions
- Strong self-starter with ability to work independently
- Strong technical and data manipulation skills
- Solid communication and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to changing environment
Nice to haves:
- 5+ years experience in a Brokerage Broker/Dealer environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Management Information Systems, or Business Management
- Series 7 license
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Robinhood prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Robinhood is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Robinhood and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.