Robinhood is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Since our public launch in 2015, we’ve cemented our position as the fastest-growing brokerage with over two million users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood received recognition with the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
We’re backed by top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Ribbit Capital, a16z, and GV, as well as individuals such as Jared Leto, Ashton Kutcher, John Legend, Snoop Dogg, and Nas.
About the Role
The Margin Manager will be responsible for daily processing of work associated with department. They will be responsible for managing risk, ensuring deadlines and service levels are met, and for compliance with Firm policy, SEC rules, and FINRA regulations. This includes hiring and managing all staff directly and indirectly through managers and team leaders. This is a unique opportunity in a newly developed area. Candidate will be responsible for helping to develop and design departmental processes and guidelines.
As a Margin Manager you will:
- Manage day-to-day entries, adjustments, corrections related to Cashiering
- Manage day-to-day entries, adjustments, corrections related to Treasury
- Manage day-to-day entries, adjustments, corrections related to Margin/Risk
- Execution of Written Supervisory Procedures to comply with all SEC and FINRA rules
- Manage and resolve escalated issues
- Processing all customer requests for checks, ACHs, and Fed Wires. Validation of requester including signature comparison, registered principal signoff, and available balances.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts to the brokerage platform.
- Calculating maintenance balances for all margin accounts and take action on calls
- Processing all pledge loan requests and all instructions from leading banks.
- Maintaining the FDIC and money market sweep programs. Facilitating daily requests for all customer cash activity needs.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of daily work
- Develop and maintain department procedures and guidelines
- Implement process improvements within department
- Support implementation and testing efforts associated with strategic initiatives impacting unit
- Processing monthly B2B settlement wires between DTCC, NSCC, banks, Fund Companies, etc.
- Facilitating overnight investing with available corporate cash.
- Managing all 3-party money movements.
Some things we consider critical to being a Margin Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years working in a broker-dealer operation
- FINRA Series 7 and 24 license (or ability to obtain within 120 days)
- Strong understanding of brokerage operation functions
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to a changing environment
Nice to haves:
- 8+ years of experience in a brokerage operation
- Management experience over cashiering, treasury, or margin functions
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Robinhood prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Robinhood is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Robinhood and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.