Robinhood is making the best financial tools available and accessible to everyone. Since our public launch in 2015, we’ve cemented our position as the fastest-growing brokerage ever — our 1M+ customers have transacted over $20 billion and saved over $160 million in commission fees. Robinhood has been recognized with the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
DevOps and Robinhood:
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to take responsibility for our development and production environments deployed across multiple AWS regions. DevOps engineers at Robinhood empower our high-throughput backend, data, and brokerage ops teams to ship the best products and services to our customers.
As a member of the team, you will be exposed to all production services and infrastructure. This allows you to be a major multiplier on Robinhood’s product velocity. On any given day, you could be debugging complex production issues, working hand-in-hand with data scientists to deploy improvements to our data training sets, or scaling our order processing infrastructure to ensure reliability.
Some things we consider critical to being a DevOps Engineer:
- 4+ years in DevOps or related role
- Extensive familiarity with Linux administration and tuning
- Experience setting up, running, and monitoring public-facing web servers
- Proficiency in shell scripting and at least one dynamic programming language
- Ideal candidates will be familiar with the setup and maintenance of a distributed data store
- Strong foundation in one or more configuration management systems (SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc).
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Lead the move to a container based infrastructure.
- Scale out the ELK, Kafka, and stream processing services to reduce financial risks to the company and our customers.
- Scale out our distributed monitoring system, which enables our engineers to proactively respond to system changes.
- Create the framework that will enable engineers to fully integrate their application communication with Hashicorp’s Vault and Consul.
Core Tech Stack:
- Distributed Systems: ElasticSearch, Zookeeper, Kafka
- Hashicorp Ecosystem: Terraform, Vault, Vagrant, Consul
- Application Monitoring Systems: Riemann, Grafana, Sensu, OpenTSDB
- Applications layers: NGINX, Django, Golang
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Robinhood prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Robinhood is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Robinhood and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.