Robinhood is making the best financial tools available and accessible to everyone. Since our public launch in 2015, we’ve cemented our position as the fastest-growing brokerage ever — our one million customers have transacted over $12 billion and saved over $100 million in commission fees. Robinhood has been recognized with the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
We’re backed by well-known investors such as NEA, Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, a16z, Google Ventures, as well as individuals such as Jared Leto, Ashton Kutcher, John Legend, Snoop Dogg, Nas, and Linkin Park.
About the Role:
Robinhood is looking for a backend engineer to help build our brokerage web API. This includes systems such as market data, trading, accounting, authentication, and security. An ideal candidate would have previous experience designing RESTful APIs and the backend systems that implement them.
- Help build our brokerage web API. This includes systems such as market data, trading, accounting, authentication, and security.
- Design RESTful APIs and the backend systems that implement them.
- Design and develop backend systems for brokerage operations such as trading, market data, accounting, authentication and security.
- Ensure robustness, failure resilience and high availability of developed systems. Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment).
- Mentor less experienced engineers in understanding of company objectives, constraints, inter-team dependencies.
- BS Computer Science and Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field and 1 year experience as a Software Engineer or related position
- Experience or Coursework must include: Computer Systems Engineering, Advanced Data Structures, Algorithms Design and Analysis
Please apply below or mail resume to Robinhood Markets, Inc. Attn: Recruiting, 3200 Ash Street, Palo Alto, CA 94306
If applying below, please use the code 1701 in the "How did you hear about this job?" section.