Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious, growth minded thinkers to help shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future. If you’re invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world — we’d love to have you apply.
Robinhood has a primary in-office working environment; please be sure you have reviewed the preferred working location(s) for this role before applying.
About the team:
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in Menlo Park, CA or New York, NY, with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management.
We're looking for a dedicated, ambitious Director to help us launch a brand-new team building innovative products leveraging AI and Machine Learning. This role will be a critical component of the future of Robinhood and you’ll work very closely with our existing Data Science and Engineering teams.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Deliver high-quality, impactful projects in record time with thoughtful planning.
- Apply technical leadership and expertise to both your team and across data science and engineering.
- Improve the quality of Robinhood's products and engineering by refining metrics and establishing processes for improvement.
- Work with other technical leaders to refine and improve Robinhood's processes and systems for product development.
- Lead an organization of engineers, managers as well as senior and staff data scientists and machine learning engineers. Leading this organization includes setting technical direction and vision, prioritizing projects, and facilitating execution. You will also grow the careers of your team members by providing practical feedback throughout the year.
- Demonstrated experience working with Large Language Models (LLM) or Generative AI (GenAI)
- 3+ years of experience leading world class machine learning teams.
- Have a passion for all things Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Strive to solve sophisticated engineering problems that drive business objectives.
- Strong technical proficiency to understand and contribute to the design and implementation of projects and ideas.
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications.
- Experience working with leads from engineering, product, operations, and compliance to craft a roadmap and measures of success.
- Proven track record to identify, hire, grow, and retain top talent from the industry and leading graduate programs
- Exceptional attention to detail, communication (written and verbal) and strong problem-solving skills
- Experience in the Finance space
- Experience with Python, Postgres, and Kafka
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $217000 - $255000
US Zone 2: $190000 - $224000
US Zone 3: $169000 - $199000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.