Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
About the team:
The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood's offices in Menlo Park, CA, with in-office work capabilities, as may be required by management, but remote work in limited geographies within the U.S. may be considered. Check with your recruiter for more information.
Robinhood is looking for a skilled Senior Tax Analyst to join our rapidly growing team. We are seeking driven individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple priorities – a self-starter who can work independently but who is also a good team-player. This role will be reporting to the Director of Tax and as a tax generalist you will support our global tax reporting, compliance and financial reporting processes.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Support our ASC 740 global tax provision and tax accounting process
- Identify book-tax differences and prepare any necessary tax supporting workpapers
- Analyze and reconcile tax accounts and perform flux analyses
- Research, analyze and draft technical memorandum on a variety of tax issues
- Support the tax department in managing tax audits, payments and any ad hoc projects
- Work with various departments to streamline data flow and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, MS in Tax or C.P.A. preferred
- 4+ years of corporate tax experience with public accounting firm and/or corporate tax department
- Possess an understanding of ASC740 principles, as well as federal and state tax concepts
- Strong computer skills utilizing MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Eagerness to learn
- High attention to detail and can drive projects to completion in a deadline driven environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Inventive, resourceful and have remarkable analytical and problem solving abilities
- Can communicate sophisticated tax concepts in ways that are meaningful to non-tax professionals
- Financial and/or Tech Sector experience
- Experience with Oracle Cloud
- Experience with process improvement and proficiency with spreadsheets
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $115000 - $135000
US Zone 2: $94000 - $110000
US Zone 3: $85000 - $100000
Base pay for the successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include education, training, experience, location, business needs, or market demands. You can view comp zones for our US office locations in the table below. For other locations not listed, compensation can be discussed with your recruiter during the interview process.
Office locations (by comp zone)
US Zone 1: Menlo Park, NYC, Seattle, Washington DC
US Zone 2: Denver, Westlake (Dallas), Chicago
US Zone 3: Lake Mary
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.