Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
As we continue to build...
We’re seeking curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. Joining now means helping shape our vision, structures and systems; playing a key-role as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Privacy Engineering team is a core pillar of Security & Privacy Engineering and works with teams across Robinhood to ensure our products and services protect user privacy. We design architectures, tools, and features that make Robinhood’s data collection transparent, and give users control over their data throughout the data lifecycle!
About the role:
Robinhood is looking for an engineer who is passionate about privacy to become a senior member of our team!
You will be the technical advocate for privacy decisions, designs, and discussions. You will not only lead the development of industry-vetted privacy solutions but drive innovative ideas to implementation as the company evolves and grows.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Lead and manage development of new privacy features, tools, and scalable solutions
- Embed with engineering and product teams during development to ensure our data collection and usage practices are transparent, protect user privacy, and mitigate risk
- Discover and detail the ways that data is collected, processed and stored across our products and infrastructure
- Conduct technical, product, and policy reviews for new products and features and identify privacy concerns and mitigations
- Partner with technical and non-technical teams, including Engineering, Product, Compliance, and Legal
- Advocate for privacy-preserving solutions and identify innovative opportunities to advance our posture while presenting and promoting our privacy tools and solutions both internally and externally
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Proven track record in software, privacy or security engineering with code maintenance and review experience in one or more general purpose languages
- Experience with one or more of the following privacy principles or technologies: privacy by design, user data protection, GDPR, CCPA, data inventory, DLP, encryption, anonymization or privacy impact assessments
- Experience with concepts and practices such as threat modeling, data anonymization and classification, auditing access to data, and review of requests for data access
- IAPP privacy certifications (e.g., CIPP, CIPM, CIPT)
CO Residents: In Colorado, the base pay for this position ranges from $146000 to $194000. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus and participation in Robinhood’s equity plan.
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Click here to learn more about Robinhood’s Benefits.
Robinhood is a primarily remote company. If hired, you will work as a remote employee unless the job you are applying for has a different working model specified. Please reach-out to your recruiter if you have any questions regarding the job’s working model.