Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we’ve built and have been recognized as:
- Forbes Fintech 50 2021
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Best-Led Companies 2021
- TIME 100 Most Influential Company 2021
We’re growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role
Developer Infrastructure’s mission is to empower engineering to build with quality, velocity, and confidence.
To realize our mission we’re building a platform that enables Robinhood Engineering to quickly and confidently ship quality software to market. Our platform comprises the following teams: Build & CI, Testing & Analysis, Source & Artifact Control, and Developer Environments. We’re responsible for all the tooling, systems, and processes that enable engineers to traverse the software development lifecycle at Robinhood.
Our teams help engineering move quickly and safely. We find, fix, and left shift production issues back to development. We view engineering as a whole and drive systemic improvements to our development processes and culture. We sweep up and janitor anything which is generally painful. We are the last line of defense if something is wrong in engineering.
What you’ll do day-to-day
- Operate horizontally across our Build & CI, Testing & Analysis, Source & Artifact Control, and Developer Environments teams.
- Proactively identify and drive improvements to engineering velocity and quality.
- Design and implement large scale systems while making the right tradeoffs between risk and long-term maintainability.
- Apply technical leadership and expertise to our teams and all of engineering.
- Coach and mentor engineers by giving them consistent, early, and actionable feedback.
- Experience building large scale distributed systems, infrastructure, and tooling.
- History of proven tech leadership and experience planning and leading large projects.
- You have built a technical vision for an org and seen your vision to fruition.
- You have a good understanding of what metrics to drive to increase developer productivity.
- You have a passion for mentoring junior engineers and improving engineering craftsmanship.
- You’ve led an engineering productivity or developer experience team previously.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience with Monorepos and modern build systems (ie Bazel, Buck, Pants).
Technologies we use
- Buildkite and Jenkins
- Python and Go
- Intellij and VSCode
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Robinhood is a primarily remote company. If hired, you will work as a remote employee unless the job you are applying for has a different working model specified. Please reach-out to your recruiter if you have any questions regarding the job’s working model.