Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we’ve built and have been recognized as:
- Forbes Fintech 50 2021
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2021
- Inc. Best-Led Companies 2021
- TIME 100 Most Influential Company 2021
We’re growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
We’re looking for a hardworking, motivated Engineering Manager to join our team and help us continue to scale quickly. In this role, you would be expected to manage and grow the Data Engineering Team within the Data Org. This team is responsible for serving internal teams and product functions to help build and manage key datasets to enable analytics. This team will help build the abstractions on top of our primary data sources to enable data scientists and analysts across Robinhood to be able to have trusted datasets. This team will ensure that datasets have strong SLAs to enable better data driven decisions across the entire company. This team will drive better data decision making across Robinhood.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Coach and mentor Robinhood’s talented engineers by giving them actionable feedback, setting clear goals, and coordinating project work with other teams and managers
- Deliver high-quality, impactful projects in record time with thoughtful planning
- Apply technical leadership and expertise to both your team and across engineering
- Improve the ease of accessing insights from data within Robinhood by providing structured datasets and abstractions over core data.
- Work with other engineering managers to refine and improve Robinhood’s processes and systems for product development
- Communicate effectively with other teams to understand and deliver on data pipelines that are well maintained and are high quality
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer or data engineer and 2+years of team management experience
- Proven ability to coach junior/senior engineers and interns
- Sharp technical skills and a deep interest in coding and technical details, with a special emphasis in structure of datasets and data quality
- Ability to drive Data Engineering projects
- Effective communication skills with other engineering and non-engineering groups
- Ability to make decisions at a fast pace on an environment with a high degree of uncertainty
- Experience in building on top of Spark, Presto, Hive is a plus
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Robinhood is a primarily remote company. If hired, you will work as a remote employee unless the job you are applying for has a different working model specified. Please reach-out to your recruiter if you have any questions regarding the job’s working model.