Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
The Market Operations team at Robinhood is responsible for traditional middle office brokerage operations. Our mission is to deliver an excellent end-customer experience and mitigate firm risk while supporting cutting-edge brokerage and financial products. As a Market Operations Specialist (Brokerage Analytics), you’ll be responsible for identifying and tracking key metrics that drive Robinhood’s business lines and middle office operations teams. You’ll use data to craft recommendations for new products or tooling and advise leadership on operational strategy, collaborate with cross-functional partners on operational needs, build new tools for the brokerage operations department, advise on department-level decisions, consult on workforce management, and report on the health of Robinhood’s middle office operations. This role will be critical to identifying, consulting, and building the infrastructure to effectively run Robinhood’s introducing broker-dealer.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Partner with data and engineering teams build out the infrastructure to track key business metrics
- Help identify and assess emerging risks, and advise on mitigation strategies
- Aggregate data for incident response, regulatory inquiries, and other course-of-business happenings
- Work closely with our engineering and product teams to launch, improve, de-risk, and scale Robinhood’s products and systems
- Convert Brokerage Operations metrics to easily digestible dashboards via technology tools such as Looker
- Ensure data requirements for operations teams are met when launching new initiatives or products
- Identify and analyze data and produce digestible reports that assess performance and ultimately improve processes
- Forecast staffing needs for growth, new processes, and new product launches
- BA/BS/MA/MS degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, economics, statistics, engineering or natural sciences (or equivalent research experience) with an expected graduation date in 2022
- Excellent programming skills, including familiarity with either Python (numpy, scipy, pandas) or R programming languages
- Familiarity with SQL, required
- Experience with Tableau or Looker
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis
- Experience communicating data driven insights
- 1 year of experience working in a research setting in academic or commercial setting
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
- Strong customer empathy
- Sense of curiosity
- React experience
Technologies we use:
- Python (Django, Pandas, Spark)
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).