Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We’re growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the role:
Robinhood is looking for engineering managers to join our Product Engineering team, you will be leading, building and owning backend services and infrastructure that power our core financial products. You will also gain a unique look into how the US financial systems works on the inside and strengthen your financial-domain knowledge. We strive for a high standard of engineering quality while solving unique scalability challenges. You will have high impact roles at a relatively small company for our user base.
About the area, Brokerage:
We're looking for a talented and motivated engineering manager to join our brokerage engineering organization and help us continue to scale. In this role, your team will tackle performance bottlenecks, improve system observability, reduce manual tasks through automation, and ensure our core systems are designed for maximum uptime in the face of failures and heavy load. In short, this team will help our products scale to the next 10 million users and beyond. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience shipping user facing products at scale in rapidly growing environments.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- You’ll develop inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do the best work of their careers.
- You'll mentor and grow engineers while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision.
- You’ll enhance the quality of Robinhood’s products and engineering by refining metrics and establishing processes for improvement
- You’ll implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- You'll help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- You have 3+ years of experience serving in an engineering management role shipping customer-facing products.
- You have managed a fullstack team including mobile, web, and backend engineers.
- You are very organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid choices in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between constructive feedback and career growth.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You may have used the technologies in our stack, such as Python, Django/Go, Postgres, Kafka, AWS, Kubernetes experience a plus.
- You may have experience working on large-scale distributed systems.
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).