Robinhood is making the best financial tools available and accessible to everyone. Since our public launch in 2015, we’ve cemented our position as the fastest-growing brokerage ever — our one million customers have transacted over $12 billion and saved over $100 million in commission fees. Robinhood has been recognized with the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
We’re backed by well-known investors such as NEA, Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, a16z, Google Ventures, as well as individuals such as Jared Leto, Ashton Kutcher, John Legend, Snoop Dogg, Nas, and Linkin Park.
About the Team:
Robinhood is an engineering-centric fintech company seeking to improve access to the financial markets. The backend team at Robinhood is the largest team and seeks to fully replicate the functionality of brokerages through our Robinhood API.
What Sets Us Apart:
- High standard of engineering quality.
- Solve unique scalability challenges.
- Learn how the US financial system works on the inside.
- High impact roles at a relatively small company for our user base.
As a Backend Engineer you will:
- Have a dedicated mentor in the first months who will review your code and help you get ramped up.
- Build, test, and release product-facing features with stringent correctness and scalability requirements. These features could be related to market data, trading, accounting, authentication, or security.
- Design a solution with other engineers and the ops team to fix a scalability problem and then implement it.
- Work with our frontend team to fine tune our REST API.
- Collaborate with our data team to support millions of customers.
- Contribute to open source projects.
Some skills we consider critical to being a Backend Engineer:
- Solid understanding of relational databases and transactions.
- Comfortable writing highly concurrent systems.
- Good intuition for REST API design.
- Intimate familiarity of Python/Django or Go is a plus.
Core Tech Stack:
- Python/Django, Go as the main languages and frameworks of choice.
- PostgreSQL as our primary data store.
- Redis and Memcached as our caching layer.
- Celery as our task queue using RabbitMQ.