About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
About the role
The Market Operations team at Robinhood is responsible for traditional middle office brokerage operations. Our mission is to deliver an excellent end-customer experience and mitigate firm risk while supporting cutting-edge brokerage and financial products. As a Market Operations Specialist (Brokerage Analytics), you’ll be responsible for identifying and tracking key metrics that drive Robinhood’s business lines and middle office operations teams. You’ll use data to craft recommendations for new products or tooling and advise leadership on operational strategy, consult with cross-functional partners on operational needs, build new tools for the brokerage operations department, advise on department-level decisions, consult on workforce management, and report on the health of Robinhood’s middle office operations. This role will be critical to identifying, consulting, and building the infrastructure to effectively run Robinhood’s introducing broker-dealer.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Partner with data and engineering teams build out the infrastructure to track key business metrics
- Help identify and assess emerging risks, and advise on mitigation strategies
- Aggregate data for incident response, regulatory inquiries, and other course-of-business happenings
- Work closely with our engineering and product teams to launch, improve, de-risk, and scale Robinhood’s products and systems
- Convert Brokerage Operations metrics to easily digestible dashboards via technology tools such as Looker
- Ensure data requirements for operations teams are met when launching new initiatives or products
- Identify and analyze data and produce digestible reports that assess performance and ultimately improve processes
- Forecast staffing needs for growth, new processes, and new product launches
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Passion for Robinhood’s products and our mission to democratize finance for all
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically, and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement process improvements
- Strong analytical skills
- Long-term thinking; ability to identify and mitigate risks proactively
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Engineering, Math, Business, Finance or similar field
- Excellent working knowledge of SQL, Python, and Looker
- 2-5 years of qualifying experience in a professional data analysis capacity
- Strong communication skills; bias for collaboration
- Strong Robinhood product knowledge
- Quantitative finance skills
- SIE, Series 7, Series 63, Series 57, Series 24
- Experience in retail brokerage operations
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.