About the Company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the Role
We're looking for Backend and Web engineers to join our Business Automation team in Menlo Park, CA.
We need software engineers who can hit the ground running, directly creating the tools and automation required to create both distributed systems and the React UIs to control them.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Build the technical foundation for Robinhood's entire customer support organization and experience
- Design frameworks and tools that empower other developers to be more productive AND safer at the same time
- Build automated workflows and the React-based tools to control them
- Help the team grow as we hire new engineers
- Partner and embed with our customer operations teams and leaders in Denver, Lake Mary, and Menlo Park
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time, degree-seeking program with an expected graduation date in 2021
- Previous software engineering experience
- Experience with Go and Python
- Understanding of functional and reactive programming paradigms
- Great design intuition and user empathy
- Passion for supporting power users and building developer tools
- Experience with scalable distributed systems, both built from scratch as well as on AWS primitives
- A focus on software engineering best practices such as testing, static analysis, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment
- The desire to seek out the toughest technology and engineering problems and solve them with little to no guidance
- Willingness to learn and use new technologies and touch any system to accomplish your goals
- Extremely data-driven. You instrument and analyze everything about your systems
- Experience working across offices and timezones
- Experience with high-growth startups
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Rust or ReasonML
- Experience with machine learning (Tensorflow, Pytorch) and big data tools (Spark, Presto, Hadoop)
- Experience with mobile development
- Experience with modern build systems such as Buck, Bazel, and Pants
- Strong open source contributions
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We'd love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
The role associated with the above job description is subject to possible modification due to the shelter-in-place restrictions as a result of the pandemic.