About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
Research has been central to our product development and business strategy since the very beginning - and our team continues to grow, along with our user base and product. Working in the research team at Robinhood, you’ll help us systematically understand how people interact with financial products and how they think and feel about money.
This is a non-traditional industry research role. The ideal candidate is passionate about applying what you know about judgment and decision-making to real-world financial choices. You thrive in a fast paced environment, love collaboration, and are curious and flexible.
This is a full-time position based in Menlo Park.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Proactively and independently identifying high-impact research questions from a product or business perspective
- Answering those questions with a strong command of quantitative methods – especially experiment design (on and off-platform), data analysis, and causal inference
- Planning and leading research end-to-end, including foundational quantitative research
- Collaborating with other researchers to infuse products with behavioral insights
- Clearly communicating your research insights for teams to translate research findings to product and business impact
- Representing the user’s perspective through the whole product development process, working closely with Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, Data Scientists, Marketing, and Leadership
- Contributing to the development of a data-driven understanding of Robinhood users and potential users
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 6-8+ years of qualitative/quantitative research experience; it can either be industry-only, or a combination of industry experience and academic research
- Masters or PhD Degree in Psychology, Behavioral/Decision Sciences, Cognitive Science, Behavioral Economics, Behavioral Marketing, or similar
- Record of applying your research skills to create product and business impact and/or understand real-world decision-making
- Strong work ethic, excellent organization and communication skills
- Love and care for your craft
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.