About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About The Role
Robinhood’s Customer Experience team is committed to providing an outstanding customer experience. In your role as a Registered Customer Experience Representative, you will be empowered to help our customers with some of their most complex issues. In particular, your work will focus on Equities trading, Margin, and Options trading related issues experienced by our fast-growing customers. Your job is not only to help our customers with the issues they encounter, but to help us learn as a company from each interaction, so that we can make our customers’ experience using our products as seamless as possible.
As a Registered Customer Experience Representative, you’ll be the company’s voice and will use exceptional empathy and product expertise to ensure our users feel understood and valued. Your mission will be to solve customer issues efficiently and effectively. See an opportunity to improve customer trust at scale, or your own team’s efficiency? Self-starters who spot and solve problems thrive at Robinhood, and you’ll have a special role as the voice of our customers.
The role is an opportunity within our Customer Experience team. You'll respond to a wide variety of inquiries from our customers using email, chat, and phone and will be expected to increase loyalty with every interaction. Must have the ability to work evenings and weekend hours.
Your day-to-day will involve:
Deliver an outstanding customer experience
- Solve customer issues efficiently and effectively with empathy
- Communicate with customers using email, chat and phone channels
- Influence customer happiness and loyalty metrics
Drive continuous improvement to delight customers
- Act as the voice of the customer by identifying and communicating customer pain points or opportunities to the product and engineering organization
- Creatively discover ways to improve productivity for the Customer Experience team
- Proactively identify ways to avoid recurrence of customer contacts by recommending changes to improve processes
- Develop deep subject mastery of complex financial concepts like Equities Trading, Margin, and Options Trading
- Master Robinhood’s policies and procedures pertaining to complex customer scenarios and translate them into outstanding customer interactions
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 Licenses
- 2+ years experience in a support/service role for a financial services company
- Ability to provide exceptional live service, both in-office and remote
- Familiarity with financial services and the stock market
- Ability to think critically and apply logical problem-solving skills to isolate and resolve issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Must be able to act independently and be self-motivated
- The ability to quickly defuse customer anxiety through exceptional customer service skills
- Deep Mastery of Complex Financial Topics
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Instinct to Problem-Solve
- Strong Critical Thinking and Analytical Skills (e.g. pattern recognition)
- The ability to concisely and accurately communicate complex topics
- Intolerance of Inefficiency
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.