About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
In order to democratize finance for all, we need to be at the center of our customers’ financial lives. The Cash Area is on a mission to expand Robinhood’s brand and offering from just investing to all of your every day money needs.
We imagine a world where millions of people are using Robinhood to get their paycheck, pay their bills, and do their day-to-day spending in addition to investing. We’ll get there by following our core principles: deliver high-quality, customer focused products and pass more value back to our customers than anyone else.
We’re looking for a senior engineering leader to help scale this Cash area. In this role you will help to build the strategy for the area, partnering closely with product, design, operations, compliance and scale the engineering team to what is needed to meet the ambitions of the team.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Help build and evolve the strategy for an ambitious area for Robinhood’s growth, Cash
- Build strong partnerships with counterparts in product, design, operations, legal, and compliance
- Find ways to accelerate the development of complex and heavily regulated financial products
- Develop and recruit senior engineering leaders, both managers and individual contributors, to support continued hyper-growth
- Improve Robinhood’s programs and processes for project, career, and organizational development
- Contribute to engineering-wide activities around hiring, onboarding, and professional development
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Six or more years of experience as an engineering leader
- Extensive experience developing new teams and managers
- Experience as a technical leader for a business-critical system
- Strong technical skills and a willingness to dive into technical details
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience working on building product and working closely with cross functional partners
- Experience developing, managing, and evaluating managerial talent
- Experience in payments products
- Experience with transitioning from co-located to distributed engineering teams
- Strong eye for product detail, especially with respect to mobile apps
Core Tech Stack:
- Postgres, Redis, Spark
- Python/Django, Go
- AWS, Kubernetes
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.