About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
The insights and intelligence team powers the data analytics and data science behind Robinhood’s product. We’re looking for a manager to help build and shape how our team analyzes customer behavior, designs product experiments, and works with key partners to drive high impact decision making at Robinhood. This manager will work to support and grow data analysts working to understand how customers engage with products we make (stock trading, cash management, etc) and how the changes we make affect customers, and collaborate with their teams to design products that help fulfill our customers’ financial needs. Our team is scrappy, so this manager would need to have the technical and problem solving skills needed to occasionally get their hands dirty helping their analysts make progress.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Proposing effective solutions to critical business analytics problems, including the ability to design thoughtful experiments.
- Effectively communicating with and persuading a wide variety of business partners.
- Hiring and guiding senior and junior ICs, helping them prioritize their work, and making sure they grow.
- Helping build a customer obsessed culture via data.
- Upholding high standards of integrity and execution.
- Contributing to a strong analytics culture that embraces the scientific method
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Strong SQL skills and proficiency in a scripting language such as Python or R
- 4 years of experience in analytics or data science with at least 2 year of people management experience in product analytics or growth product. Must have experience managing teams of more than three people.
- Experience prioritizing both your own work and the work of others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to recognize analytics needs across the organization and hire against those needs
- Strong experiment design and analysis skills
- Ability to grow people through timely and specific feedback
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast paced and quickly evolving environment
- Experience working in Greenhouse and Looker
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.