About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
Our People team plays a critical role in finding and growing world-class talent to achieve our mission and we need your help. As our Head of Employee Relations, you’ll spearhead processes to navigate and cultivate resolution of employee relations activities. Our goal is to create a healthy organization where employees and managers bring their best selves to work in an environment that allows them to thrive.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Lead the vision for Employee Relations (ER) for our organization: You’ll be responsible for creating scalable global ER strategies and programs for the business to develop the next generation of high-performing, frontline leaders. From thinking through ER-related processes to creating the workflow for how Employee Relations will collaborate with the HRBP function, your focus will not only be on working through employee relations issues, but also how we work through them.
- Advise on company policy and employment law requirements: Using your subject matter expertise, you will make recommendations that align with Robinhood’s culture and values to help resolve complex and unique employment-related issues across the organization. You’ll review and assess our current policies and Employee Relations (ER) practices, improving them to ensure we are promoting fairness while also still mitigating risk to the organization.
- Partner with Functional Managers, HR Business Partners, and Employment Counsel: You’ll mitigate risk through best practice strategies, and by providing coaching and feedback, to ensure a positive and effective employee experience. You’ll also enable your HR Business Partners colleagues to more effectively manage employee relations.
- Investigate highly sensitive employee relations issues: You’ll conduct interviews with employees that have filed a complaint, as well as interview those who may be considered witnesses, and make objective recommendations based on your findings.
- Use data to identify employee relations trends: You’ll leverage metrics to diagnose organizational effectiveness and proactively develop the right training and processes for prevention.
- Partner with the Learning & Development and Legal to build an Employee Relations training program: Conduct one-on-one and group trainings with managers and employees around how to handle employee relations issues, investigations, reorgs and managing performance.
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- At least 10 years of employee relations or HR business partner experience in a high growth, fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence and impact multiple levels within an organization to drive holistic ER strategies
- Successful record of creating, improving and executing programs at scale, ability to drive and measure program effectiveness and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Ability to strike a balance between strategic partnership-building and rolling up your sleeves
- A deep sense of empathy and understanding for the needs of diverse groups of people
- Ability to challenge openly and have difficult conversations
- Comfort with interpreting and using people data to tell a story and translating it into actionable strategy
- A passion for advocating for others, speaking up even when it’s difficult, and seeing others accomplish their goals
- Expertise in building trusting relationships with leaders at all levels
- A passion for seeing others grow through coaching, mentoring, and career development
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.