About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, and London, UK.
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Manager, Accounting Operations to join our growing accounting team. Reporting to the Controller, this position will be hands on, developing team members, establishing new processes and improving existing processes to drive efficiency. You will interact and coordinate with colleagues in Finance & Strategy, Tax and various other departments across the Company to ensure proper accounting treatment and accurate financial results. The Senior Manager, Accounting Operations will play a key leadership role in the Finance organization around process improvement, system implementations and optimizations, standardizing processes and mentoring the team.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Oversee the monthly close process in procure to pay and payroll areas, which includes review of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations and analysis
- Oversee and drives payroll related projects such as system implementation, continuous process improvement and so on
- Ad-hoc reporting includes forecast, analysis and reports used throughout the company
- Automate processes and streamline the month-end close in areas of procurement, AP, payroll and expense reimbursements
- Oversee the month-end intercompany and consolidation process, including reviewing transfer pricing journal entries and consolidation entries
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Review financial statement analysis and ensure meaningful explanations for fluctuations to assist management with business decisions are documented
- Interface with the Legal, Recruiting and People teams on various initiatives
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, high energy, initiative and creativity - with a proven ability to manage significant initiatives across the organization, as well as develop and motivate staff
- Key member for the SOX implementation initiatives including documentation of internal control procedures, identification of inefficiencies/gaps and implementation of process improvements
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years of total experience with escalating levels of responsibility, including people management
- Understanding of GAAP standards
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Industry experience preferred
- Experience with system implementations
- Experience with process improvement and proficiency with spreadsheets
- Hands-on experience in the financial close process
- CPA preferred
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.