About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, and London, UK.
About the Role
We're looking for a motivated self-starter to join our Clearing Operations team and focus on supporting our Execution Services department. You'll perform essential operational duties to keep our equity and options trading business, fractional trading program and regulatory reporting running smoothly. The role will be either a supervisor or manager based on the level of experience of the chosen candidate.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Taking ownership of critical business functions such as stock and option trading, risk monitoring and fractional trading program
- Working closely with our project and operations teams to launch, improve, and scale Robinhood products and systems
- Help build and create processes and procedures for different business functions within the clearing operations team
- Being current on regulations pertaining to the above processes
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s in finance, business, or similar interests
- 5+ years experience in a Supervisory/Management role in Brokerage Operations, Financial Services, or related field with a focus on stock/option trading, trade reporting and reconciliation
- FINRA Series 7, 24, 57
- Strong knowledge of equity and option trading rules
- Experience with order routing and order health monitoring; with a sense or urgency to take action when order flow is compromised
- Familiarity with regulatory reporting, OATS and CAT
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and constantly evolving work environment
- Strong problem-solving skills with a bias toward action
- Ability to identify inefficiencies in operational processes, then design and implement solutions
- Upholding and spreading the Robinhood Culture in all cross functional interactions
- Strong Robinhood product knowledge and analytical skills
- Familiarity with P&S functions; trade break and inventory/suspense account reconciliation as well as the basics of trade modifications after trade date
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.