About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado and London, UK.
About the role
As a part of the learning and development (CX) team this role will allow us to have more impact, more quickly by making core L&D processes possible. Trainings consists of licensing preparation, licensed representative career pathing, special projects around advanced learning, leadership, industry learning, advanced case management, and future learning needs as the organization grows to align with the financial industry knowledge needs. In addition you will support new product and service trainings, system trainings, client interactions trainings, and software training. Facilitating training sessions on complex and advanced topics, including team leader training, and high level customer relations.
Although it is preferred that this candidate hold licenses 7, 24, 63, & 4, it is required that the candidate holds their series 24 license.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Facilitating learning through a variety of delivery methods (ie. classroom, virtual training, webinars, train the trainer sessions, labs and peer-to-peer coaching)
- While mainly focused on advanced level learning, this position will also support introductory level learning
- Identifying alternate solutions/learning when delivery challenges arise (ie. materials, content, room set-up, virtual tools)
- Responding appropriately to learner needs (ie. providing clarification, examples, feedback)
- Establishing and maintaining expertise in subjects taught
- Managing classroom environment so it is safe and conducive to learning
- Evaluating the effectiveness of trainings conducted (ie. class feedback, follow-ups, surveys)
- Conducting peer-to-peer observations and providing coaching and feedback
- Communicating curriculum or program effectiveness back to leadership and/or project team lead
- Providing technical and/or analytical support to one or more departments or work units with limited supervision; aids in the successful completion of projects within a product or functional area
- Reviewing training material and providing feedback to curriculum owners as needed
- Managing and prioritizing multiple courses
- Performing other related duties as required and assigned
- Demonstrating behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Experience in learning effectiveness and trainer readiness preferred
- In depth knowledge of training processes and procedures
- Must be highly proficient in google tools
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and able to work independently
- Proven track record at delivering timely and accurate information in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, mathematical skills and sound judgment
- Strong business acumen and ability to interface with executive management
- Securities industry Licensed with a focus to grow
- Master Trainer certified desired
- Proven experience delivering industry learning content
- Digital savviness and a command of CX tools & processes with a track record of measurable development in a customer focused career
- Strong customer orientation and passion for delivering high quality standards
- 3-5 years training experience; preferred institutional learning experience in finance
- 3-5 years industry experience preferred
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.