About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Denver, Colorado, Lake Mary, Florida, and London, UK.
About the role
The Crypto Operations Manager will manage Robinhood’s day-to-day crypto operations and the crypto operations specialists team. Responsibilities include driving operational process improvements, reducing operational risk, managing venue relationships, people management, and overseeing coin settlement. The Crypto Operations Manager will be part of the Operations organization and will be based in either Menlo Park, CA or Denver, CO.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Oversee day-to-day cryptocurrency operations, including USD and coin settlement with our venues
- Identify & manage initiatives to improve operational processes and reduce operational risk
- Monitor operational and risk metrics and escalate potential issues or anomalies
- Support new crypto initiatives from an operational, risk, and compliance perspective
- Partner with our customer experience and content teams to continuously improve crypto related customer communications
- Maintain and evolve operating procedures to complement compliance written supervisory procedures
- Partner with treasury, operations, and security teams to manage liquidity and minimize crypto risk
- Work closely with fraud and compliance teams to execute a robust AML and KYC program related to crypto
- Test controls to ensure customers receive exceptional execution quality with venues
- Coach and manage the crypto operational specialists
- Participate in Robinhood Crypto governance committees including a risk committee
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 5+ years operational, risk, or compliance experience, ideally in a financial services or tech company context
- Extensive experience creating, deploying, and automating operational systems and processes
- Ability to work with engineering and data for reporting and tooling
- People management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science, or other Liberal Arts degree
- MBA or JD is a plus
- Strong understanding of blockchain technology and mechanics
- Cryptocurrency, foreign exchange, or securities market industry experience
- Regulatory and/or compliance experience (e.g. anti-money-laundering, KYC, state money transmission laws)
- Retail customer experience
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing finance for all? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.