About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
As a Product Manager at Robinhood, you’ll be responsible for leading teams to develop products that improve the everyday lives of our customers. You’ll work with experts in our finance, data, design, engineering, marketing, operations and research teams to bring ideas to life that will help us democratize finance for all.
As a Product Manager for Fraud, you’ll build the features, models and capabilities that help us prevent bad actors from joining our platform, verify our customers’ transactions, and ultimately reduce fraud on Robinhood. You will work closely with our data team and other product teams (growth, brokerage, cash management, core product, security & privacy, etc.) to identify and drive forward progress on the company’s fraud initiatives, including creating a fraud map, building models and algorithms to detect fraud, creating reports to monitor and alert key stakeholders of fraud, and integrating 3rd party fraud mitigation solutions. Your work will play a key role in establishing Robinhood as an industry leader in fraud mitigation while enabling us to take intelligent risks and deliver more value to our customers.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Partnering with data science, engineering, privacy & security, finance and legal to understand how we verify our customers’ identities, adhere to KYC/CIP regulations, and detect fraudulent actors and transactions on Robinhood today
- Establishing a product vision and shared set of priorities across the team and the company, to meet the most important needs of our customers and eliminate fraud on the platform
- Identifying sources of fraud happening on the platform (1st and 3rd party fraud map) and how key activities such as new account sign-ups, ACH transfers, debit card transactions, etc. impact our fraud levels
- Determining the likely sources of fraud when introducing new product lines and features and what steps we need to take to monitor and mitigate fraud
- Collaborating with design, engineering and operations to design, develop, and ship high-impact products, features and experiments that improve the customer experience while protecting Robinhood against financial loss due to fraud
- Measuring fraud by feature, product, and type of fraud across the platform and alerting stakeholders and oncall engineers when necessary
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree
- 2+ years experience building and shipping high-quality consumer products
- Prior experience in an identity or fraud role
- Strong data analytical skills, including experience with big data and machine learning
- Familiarity using research, experimentation and product analytics to guide decision making
- Superior communication skills, including the ability to speak fluently about fraud across all functions and levels within the organization
- Ability to focus on a problem at hand while thoughtfully considering overarching company strategy
- Passion for financial products and improving people’s financial lives
- Motivation to be a self-starter
- Computer Science major
- Experience working in fintech or financial services
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.