About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
As a Product Manager at Robinhood, you’ll be responsible for leading teams to develop products that improve the everyday lives of our customers. You’ll work with experts in engineering, finance, data, design, marketing, operations and research to bring ideas to life that will help us democratize finance for all.
As a Product Manager for Finance Automation, you’ll work to set up new modules in our finance system of record (Oracle), integrate transaction, revenue, cost data from services we provide into Oracle, and automate key finance workflows. You will work closely with our finance team, data team and other product teams (brokerage, cash management, etc.) to identify and deliver initiatives that enable us to operate more effectively and close our books accurately and quickly. Your work will play a key role in establishing Robinhood as an industry leader in finance infrastructure and workflow automation, while enabling us to deliver a better user experience and more value to our customers.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Partnering with finance, data, and operations to understand the financial risks and pain points we face, as we grow our customer base, diversify our products, and expand into new markets
- Establishing a product vision and shared set of priorities across the team and the company to integrate systems, automate workflows, and mitigate the most important financial risks facing the business
- Collaborating with design, engineering, data, finance, and GRC to identify and ship meaningful, high-impact products, features and experiments
- Creating real-time dashboards, alerting capabilities, margin maintenance algorithms, pricing and elasticity models, and stress test scenarios
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree
- 2+ years experience building and shipping high-quality consumer products
- Prior experience with Oracle and other financial tools, workflows, and systems
- Strong data analytical skills and experience with machine learning
- Familiarity using research, experimentation and product analytics to evaluate the risk-reward tradeoff and guide decision making
- Superior communication skills, including the ability to speak fluently about risk management across all functions and levels within the organization
- Ability to focus on a problem at hand while thoughtfully considering overarching company strategy
- Passion for financial products and improving people’s financial lives
- Motivation to be a self-starter
- Computer Science and/or finance major
- Experience working in fintech or financial services
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.