About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
As a Product Manager at Robinhood, you’ll be responsible for leading teams to develop products that improve the everyday lives of our customers. You’ll work with experts in data, design, engineering, marketing, operations and research to bring ideas to life that will help us democratize finance for all.
As a Product Manager for Experimentation, you’ll be responsible for building out our platform capabilities, which enables teams to do A/B and multivariate testing at scale. You will be responsible for everything from user interface improvements to feature flagging, holdout and experiment stacking capabilities, visualization functionality, and infrastructure enhancements that enable improved performance and reliability. You will also work very closely with Robinhood’s data team and product teams to develop hypotheses, design, set-up, analyze and decision experiments we run. Your work will play a key role in improving user satisfaction with our experimentation platform, accelerating the number of experiments we run, and improving our ability to assess tradeoffs and make informed decisions.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Interviewing stakeholders and partner teams (data, product, design, engineering, marketing, operations, finance) to determine their experimentation pain points, needs and wants
- Establishing a product vision and shared set of priorities across the team and the company, to address the capabilities needed to advance our experimentation platform. You will be responsible for creating a product roadmap and backlog that balances near-term deliverables with longer-term investment needs
- Proactively evaluating data on user behavior to identify personalization, clustering, and targeting efforts to create the best user experience for customer segments
- Collaborating with our data, design, product, and engineering teams to identify hypotheses, design, set-up, analyze and decision experiments
- Summarizing experiment results and sharing key findings and insights with stakeholders and the company’s leadership team
- Tracking the number of experiments and the impact the company’s experimentation platform is having on the customer experience and KPIs
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree
- 2+ years experience building and shipping high-quality web and mobile consumer products
- Superior quantitative and analytical skills, including a statistics background
- Experience with Looker, Tableau or other visualization software
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to translate statistical techniques and probability theories to a general audience
- Ability to focus on a problem at hand while thoughtfully considering overarching company strategy
- Passion for financial products and improving people’s financial lives
- Motivation to be a self-starter
- Computer Science and/or Statistics major
- Proficiency with at least one programming language for data analytics (Python, R)
- Experience working in fintech or financial services
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.