About the company
Robinhood is democratizing finance for all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
We are looking for a Finance & Strategy Manager to drive financial and strategic support for new and existing product initiatives at Robinhood. You will play an integral part in Robinhood’s success by driving financial planning processes, providing decision-making support, and working with various business partners to develop strategic analysis around key business initiatives.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Partnering with product teams to provide financial rigor and bring strategic leadership to support of new/existing product initiatives.
- Developing, monitoring and reporting on critical key performance metrics; communicating actionable insights to relevant stakeholders.
- Leveraging SQL (and/or other query language) to find, organize, and manipulating large data sets with high dimensionality and complexity
- Building and owning financial scenario models to evaluate and weigh the tradeoffs between different investment opportunities
- Nurturing deep, trusted partnerships with your respective business partners and cross functional teams (e.g., Product, Accounting, Data, Engineering, Business, etc.)
- Leading strategic and financial planning processes for the teams you support (e.g., Monthly Business Reviews, Forecasts, Annual Budget, and Long Range Plan)
- Applying a data-driven analytical approach to influence strategic decision making, with a focus on resource allocation decisions and long-term financial planning
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 4-6 years of relevant industry experience with a focus in financial modeling (e.g., prior Product finance, FP&A, Strategy experience preferred)
- An attitude to challenge the status quo with a desire to consistently raise the bar
- Proficiency in Spreadsheets (Google Sheets, Excel)
- Proficient in working with SQL and a knack for understanding databases
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, without losing sight of the big picture
- A strong understanding of corporate finance and accounting concepts
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study
- Experience working with financial tools such as HostAnalytics, Oracle, Looker
- Experience at a fintech company or high-growth startup
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.